Tales of the unexpected.

 The very real anxiety that I had bitten off more than I could chew, had eyes bigger than my belly, spread myself too thin, gone too far or any other idiom you care to add kept me from writing blog number 2. (I was thinking yesterday I wonder if someone who had sat on people's heads, had a few lessons on sitting on people's heads and had a few looks inside someone's skull whilst someone else did the surgery might wake up one day and decide they'd take on being a brain surgeon. "I mean, how difficult can it be?". I've had to learn a lot, it was worrying me.

No so the horses. They've not been worried,  just got on with the job of being a horse.

The rhythm and pattern of being their sole attendee is fascinating. I knew routine mattered and worked hard to get that established.  I didn't count on the speed at which they would also build a routine of their own. The most noticeable is the weather vane. It goes like this. Feed. Snowman eats the lot of his, Dotty picks at hers and stands with her nose on the bolt waiting to be let out. "Do I have to eat this?". Once Snowman has cleared every lump of mash in a 5 mile radius I open the stable doors. Both wander out and straight into next door to see what the other left and to clean up after them. The grass is always greener right?



Dotty waits to be let out with her legs crossed. She prefers to poop and pee in his bed and I get that. You don't "shit in your own back yard".

She's a feisty little bugger and he, as we all suspected he might, has become totally smitten. Sometimes he just stands in his stable gazing over the partition like he can't believe she's there. She just stands there. "What, what do you want, stop staring at me".  Even I say "for goodness sake". He's undeterred. 

So, gradually,  the worry that I can't do this is subsiding. It's being replaced by a very gentle confidence that this is not life with horses as I know it,  and I just need to learn.I will get things wrong. The horses don't mind, they correct me and on we go. Forgiveness features large in equine life, it would seem.

At some time maybe they noticed I was worried? Their help came as a decision to form a comedy duo and to just make me laugh. They've don't great at it. 

I thought I would leave today's blog with some excerpts from the comedy routines. They are funny. Its great to laugh with them and to get a grip on the head noise that would stop me seeing that the one thing I didn't expect when we set off for the "good life" was that it would be such unimaginably good fun and that the comedians would have 4 legs (each).

Some excerpts from "Little and Large".


"I will just sit here".



He has a moustache, I want one. (Created from cold ash from last nights wood fire).



"Stop bothering me, I am doing my Yoga"



"I said be quiet and stop jumping about. The human has left the hay store open, let's just help ourselves".



D: "The human thinks she can use us to move the lawn". 
S: "Ok you run, I will chase you, she will soon change her mind".

They are funny. I've been laughing a lot and that was a tale that was totally unexpected. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crikey, it's May....

The end of a long week